THE MARYLAND GROUP .. TABLE OF CONTENTS .. WILLIS Y-DNA PROJECT .. DNA CHART


Friday, April 7, 2017

The WILL of William Willis Sr 1717-1782

The Photos of pages of the original WILL of William Willis Sr 1717-1782 are available on Family Search at this link.  The two pages are image 6 of 52 and 7 of 52.  There are also images presented below (click on images to enlarge):
 





















 












There is an abstract of the WILL also available on Family Search, posted on Ancestry.com,  and available below (click on image to enlarge):




























14 April 1782 

In the name of God, Amen. I, William Willis, being in a weak and low condition, but of sound judgement and perfect memory calling to mind the mortality of man, I constitute this my last will and testament, first I bequeath my soul to God who gave it to me, and my wordly goods all in form and manner following.
Item. I give and bequeath the plantation whereon I now live to Elizabeth Hill now __ Now, during her natural life and after her decease to be given to my Grandson Arthur Buckhanen, son of my daughter Elizabeth Buckhanen wife of James Buckhanen.  Said land bounded by the River and the cabin nranch not extending any further.  
Item. I bequeth to my Grandson William Willis son of Jacob Willis, deceased,  all that part of my land lying on that side of the River.  Whereon, his Mother Elizabeth Willis now lives, being part of said tract above mentioned
Item. I give and bequerth unto my Grandson Henry Willis, son of William Willis all the remaining part of the above mentioned tract of land, and all that tract of mine, joining said land on Hintons Creek.  
Item. I give and bequeth all my moveable estate to be divided as follows
Viz, one fourth part to my son, William Willis - also, one fourth part to my daughter, Elizabeth Buchanan, also one fourth part to my son Jacob Willis - children and a fourth part to the above named, Elizabeth Hill,  during her natural life,  and at her decease to be given to my three children above mentioned or their heirs equally agreeable to their parents.  
Different part - I also constitute and appoint my well beloved son William Willis to be my whole and sole executor of this my last will and testament, signed, sealed pronounced and declared.

In Presence of us
Denis Duff
Benjamin Brackett
James Whitesides

his William Willis mark

No comments:

Post a Comment